Monday, April 23, 2012

HOW YOU CAN TELL JOE WURZELBACHER THINKS BEING IN CONGRESS IS LIKE BEING ON REALITY TV

Pseudo-plumber Joe Wurzelbacher is running for Congress in Ohio, and to judge from a couple of remarks he made in an interview with David Brody of Pat Robertson's CBN News, the plumberesque guy thinks Congress is a reality show.

How do we know this? Well, first there's this soundbite:

I even talked about putting a webcam up at my desk. People want transparency. I’ll sit there and show you the bill all day long.

This suggests a view of the government as Big Brother. (Though if you win, Joe, please: no makeout sessions on night-vision cam. I don't think we can take that.)

And then there's this:

I'm not coming to Washington, D.C., to make friends. I'm coming here to get something done.




Hmmm ... where have I heard that line before? Oh yeah -- on every reality show ever:


No comments: