Friday, June 24, 2011

PRESIDENT "ANILE NEED"?

In response to news that Representative Thaddeus McCotter of Michigan is apparently making furtive moves to get into the GOP presidential contest, I posted something about McCotter over at Balloon Juice (where my guest stint ends on Sunday). What I wrote largely cribs from a couple of posts I've done about McCotter here. I didn't want to put up a rehash here of what I've posted in the past, particularly the quote from McCotter's amazing Human Events op-ed about President Bush's trip to the Beijing Olympics ("No starker episode exhibits our anile need for a moral hospice before we slither into the dust bin of history than the one playing out before Americans' astonished eyes"), but I figured it was new to the Ballooners, so, if you care, it's all over there.

No comments: