Friday, October 13, 2006

NOT ALLOWED TO RESPOND

New campaign ad from GOP senator Mike DeWine:

Pam Baragona: My brother Rocky died while serving in Iraq.

And it makes me sick that Sherrod Brown is not telling you the truth about Senator DeWine.

Senator DeWine was there for me and my family when we needed him most.

And I've never met a man with more integrity or compassion than Mike DeWine.

Congressman Brown, we have a Senator who cares about us and tells the truth.

His name is Mike DeWine.

DeWine: I'm Mike DeWine and I approved this message.


(Video here.)

Hmmm, what was a certain Republican saying to us a few months ago? Oh, yes, I remember:

ANN COULTER: ... They were cutting commercials for Kerry. They were using their grief to make a political point while preventing anyone from responding.

MATT LAUER: So if you lose a husband, you no longer have the right to have a political point of view?

COULTER: No, but don't use the fact that you lost a husband as the basis for being able to talk about, while preventing people from responding. Let Matt Lauer make the point. Let Bill Clinton make the point. Don't put up someone I am not allowed to respond to without questioning the authenticity of their grief.


So surely Ann Coulter will be along any minute now to denounce this Republican ad -- right?

****

(DeWine, of course, recently put a uniformed U.S. soldier in an ad, which would seem to be a violation of Defense Department regulations.)

No comments: