Wednesday, August 23, 2006

REFUSING TO SAY THE UNSAYABLE

It's a good thing I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories -- because if I were, I might find it a tad suspicious that a Fox News reporter and cameraman have now been held for nearly two weeks by Palestinian captors, even though an initial AP story about the kidnapping noted that

Several foreigners have been kidnapped in Gaza in recent months with their abductors demanding jobs from the Palestinian Authority or the release of people being held in Palestinian jails. All those kidnapped have been released within hours without harm.

(Emphasis mine.)

And I might also find it odd that the group claiming responsibility for this kidnapping, the "Holy Jihad Brigades," has been completely unknown until now.

And I might remark, after watching the video of the two newsmen, that they're by far the most relaxed-looking Western captives of Islamomuslofasconistas I've ever seen.

Did I mention that the two newsmen work for Fox?

Fortunately, I'm not a conspiracy-theory kind of guy, so I won't remark on the fascinating confluence of events in mid-August -- the Right making a national issue of Joe Lieberman's primary defeat, followed almost immediately by the apparently hastened terror arrests in Britain, and then almost immediately after that by this kidnapping.

I'm sure it's all just a coincidence. And I'm sure you'll want to join right-wing pundit Michelle Malkin's "missing Fox News crew blogburst." Surely she's doing this out of the goodness of her heart, not because she has, you know, an agenda.

No comments: