Thursday, July 15, 2004

Ditka Out; Nugent In?

Former Chicago Bears coach Mike Ditka will not run for the U.S. Senate....

Republican sources say that the Republican Party will now focus on two potential candidates: Jim Oberwies, who finished second in the primary for this nomination, and John Cox, who ran a couple of years ago. Both have the distinction of being multimillionaires.

But another name surfacing is that of rocker, outspoken conservative and gun rights activist Ted Nugent.

"He grew up in Arlington Heights. He went to St. Viator High School," said Cook County Republican Chair Gary Skoien. "He has more connection to Illinois than Hillary Clinton had to New York, and he's been a very articulate spokesperson on constitutional issues. He would be a very interesting candidate."...


Is that what you want, Illinois GOP? Here's what you get:

"Foreigners are assholes; foreigners are scum; I don't like 'em; I don't want 'em in this country; I don't want 'em selling me doughnuts; I don't want 'em pumping my gas; I don't want 'em downwind of my life—OK?"

"You probably can't use the term 'toxic cunt' in your magazine, but that's what [Hillary Clinton] is."


And so on.

No comments: